Each summer, Mishawaka employs over 40 young men and women. Camp personnel are given incredible opportunities to challenge themselves, develop skills and experience the magic of working with children.
Camp Mishawaka welcomes interest in staff and counseling positions.
Apply for a staff position at Camp Mishawaka if you have:
- Availability from June 11th to August 13th
- Completed your first year of college or equivalent
- Have previous experience working with children
- Have interest in learning special skills it takes to be a camp counselor
Just as important as any specific skill or qualification is the desire to work with young people in a camp environment.
General Staff Member
- Expected to lead a variety of activities
- Along with maturity, responsibility and skill, the major qualifications are a genuine interest in caring for a cabin group and the abilities to relate to children and put their needs before one’s own
Since counselors live in the cabins with the campers, flexibility and acceptance are especially important.
Salary is based on experience, qualifications and position. In addition to a base salary, staff members receive a travel stipend as well as room and board.
Current Job Posting
It is very helpful for all applicants to be American Red Cross Lifeguard certified. We also value those with WSI certification, or certification in any other camp activity area.
All of our counselors live with a cabin group of campers, and lead a variety of activities. Some will be asked to lead wilderness trips, as well. You can apply for staff position by filling out our online application. You can always contact us if you have any questions.
Once again, just as important as any specific skill or qualification is the desire to work with young people in a camp environment.